Unix MCQ Quiz & Online Test: Read best Unix MCQ Questions, that check your basic knowledge of the Unix Operating System.Unix MCQ Questions and Answers with Pdf Download, Here learn quiz questions and answers and download pdf of 30 important objective questions with answers .Unix Objective Questions Mcqs Online Test Quiz faqs for Computer Science. Unix Objective Questions Mcqs Online Test Quiz faqs for Computer Science.
1. Which of the following is not true about Unix?1
a) UNIX was not written in ‘C’ language
b) Linux is also known as a version of UNIX
c) A user can run multiple programs at the same time; hence UNIX is called a multitasking environment
d) Many people can use a UNIX based computer at the same time; hence UNIX is called as a multiuser system
2. Which command is used for printing the current working directory?
$ pwd /home/user06/Abdullah
3. Which of the following commands is known as stream editor?
4. What is a shell script?
a) group of functions
b) a file containing a series of commands
c) a file containing special symbols
d) group of commands
5. Which command is used to find out the consumption of a specific directory?
6. Which filter apart from perl, is the most powerful?
7. Which process is immediately set up by the kernel when we log on to a Unix system?
8. Which command shows some attributes of a process?
9. Which of the following system call is used for creating a new process in Unix?
10. Which of the following command is used to create a child shell?
11. Which Unix command is used for locating files?
12. For running a Unix command within awk, we’ve to use ____ function.
13. Which of the following cannot be performed by cat command?
a) appending files
b) deleting files
c) creating files
d) displaying files
14. What is the default delimiter used by the cut command for cutting fields?
d) double tab
15. Which of the following is not an internal command used by mailx?
16. To extract specific columns from a file ____ command is used.
17. To run the script, we should make it executable first by using _____
a) chmod +w
b) chmod +rwx
c) chmod +x
d) chmod +r
18. Which command is used for listing files in a directory?
$ ls 001.sh FILE2 abc.txt dir08
19. Which command is used for removing/deleting files in Unix?
20. Which symbol is used to change permissions for hidden files in Unix?
21. Which command is used for saving and quitting the vi editor simultaneously?
22. How can we escape to the UNIX shell without quitting vi editor?
a) using ‘:sh’ command and using ctrl-Z
b) using ‘:sh’ command
c) using ctrl-Z
d) using ctrl-D
23. Which command is used for comparing two files?
$ cmp file01 file02 file01 file02 differ: Byte 20, Line 2
24. Which command is used by the user to change their login password in Unix?
25. Which editor is used by the Unix system to edit files?
26. Which command is used for displaying the beginning of a file in Unix?
$ head emp.lst
27. Which symbol is used with the tail command to print the file from the selected line?
$ tail +11 emp.lst // start printing from 11th line onwards
28. Which command is used to delete all files in a directory?
a) del *
b) rm *
c) mv *
d) rmdir *
29. Which of the following is not a part of all the versions of Unix?
a) System Calls
b) Graphical user interface
c) Kernel and Shell
d) Commands and utilities
30. In Unix, for what purpose bc command is used?
a) for copying files
b) as a process table viewer
c) as an editor
d) as a calculator